This bus was one of six delivered to Hull Corporation Transport in 1949. The Associated Equipment Company Ltd (AEC) had suspended its production during the Second World War and there was an urgent need to rebuild passenger fleets. These single-deck buses delivered to Hull were converted to a one-man operation in 1954. It is believed that this particular bus was used for training purposes at some point in its career. It was also booked for weddings.
AEC Regal Mark III Bus, 1949 can be viewed at Streetlife Museum