Posted: 22nd September 2016
17th September 2016
12th November 2016
Wilhelmina Barns-Graham was one of the foremost painters working in St Ives after moving there in 1940. Alongside work by her contemporaries, she made a major contribution to the development of Modernist British painting during the mid to late twentieth century.
Based on the research of Ann Gunn, a lecturer in art history at St. Andrews University, this exhibition explores Wilhelmina Barns-Graham’s journey as a printmaker from her first linocuts, produced in the early 1950s, to the significant collection of screenprints she embarked upon in 1998 at the age of eighty-six.
This exhibition is being toured by The Barn’s Graham Charitable Trust; for further information visit www.barns-grahamtrust.org.uk